Extended Home Delivery
We are pleased to confirm that we have resumed our Home Delivery service and offering an extension of this service to individuals impacted by COVID-19.
This is a free service to residents of Nelson who are at high risk of severe illness and are advised to not leave their homes for example, people who are over 70 years old, or have underlying medical conditions.
If you were already receiving Home Delivery service from the library prior to COVID-19, you do not need to follow these steps. Your regular service will also resume at this time.
How it works:
- If you, or someone you know, qualifies for this service you can fill out a form which asks what types of items you would like and about the authors, genres and books you enjoy. Y
- Once you have completed the form, library staff will select your items and arrange for their delivery. They will be in touch with you about when to expect your delivery.
- You will be able to keep the items until you are able return them to a library on your own, once you are safe to leave your home again.
Things to know:
- This will be a contactless delivery in which bagged items are placed outside your door by library staff who will be practicing social distancing. We will let you know when to expect us and ask that you aim to be at home between 2pm and 5pm on the date of your delivery.
- As this is a limited service, we can only issue you five items at a time, and we cannot fulfill any holds that are placed or specific items.
- After the Level 3 restrictions end, you will need to return your library items yourself to any branch of Nelson Public Libraries
- This service is only available to people who have a valid Nelson Public Libraries membership, and live within the Nelson City Council area. We cannot deliver to library members who live in Richmond, Mapua, etc...
Please follow the button below to apply for the service. You can also register for the service by phoning Nelson City Council on (03) 546 0200.