Sewing Machines are available for use at Elma Turner Library from Monday 31 August.
Nelson Public Libraries is offering free access to sewing machines for customers to use for their personal projects.
Here's what you need to know:
- The library will supply the sewing machine and the following equipment: scissors, pins and needles, tape measures, seam ripper, bobbins, and black and white thread.
- You will need to bring your own fabric and other materials
- Sewing machines are available at Elma Turner Library, and will need to be booked ahead of time. The bookings will be open from 10am - 1.45pm, Monday to Friday.
- The first time you use a sewing machine at the library, you will need to have a 10-15 minute induction with a staff member that will cover operating the machine and health and safety.
- Sewing machines are only available for people aged 16+ and who are confident with using one.
If you would like to book in to use a sewing machine, please complete the form below, or contact us on 03 546 8100.