Bookchat is a place where we get together to talk about books we have recently read. Come along and tell us about what you have been reading, or just come to hear what titles other people have enjoyed.
Elma Turner Library
Bookchat meets at Elma Turner Library on the second Tuesday of each month. Just roll up - all sessions start at 10.30am.
Bookchat meets at Stoke Library on the third Wednesday of each month. Just roll up - all sessions start at 5.30pm.
YA Reading Club
Come along and check out our newest YA fiction, have some snacks, play games, make crafts and get book recommendations.
Our Young Adult Reading Club meets:
- At Stoke Library on the third Tuesday of each month
- At Elma Turner Library on the third Wednesday of each month
Just roll up – all sessions start at 3.45pm.
And have you heard about our Young Adult Reading Alliance...?? Sign up here for great reads and fun stuff for teens who love books and comics.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Book discussion scheme
The Book Discussion Scheme is a nation-wide non-profit organisation. BDS lends books & professionally prepared discussion notes to book groups. There are a number of BDS groups that meet in the Nelson Area. Groups pay a fee.
U3A book groups
U3A Nelson have four book related study groups:
- A reading group, where the members talk about books on a prescribed subject.
- A discussion group where participants get the books and notes from WEA.
- A group called 'Critical Analysis of Contemporary Literature,'
- A group called 'Bookcases,' where the members meet in each other's homes and show and tell about a selection of books from their personal bookcase.