Book a Librarian
Do you need help navigating your new device, want a personalised reading recommendation, or an introduction to our research and heritage resources? Book a free, 45 minute session, at a time that suits you (inside our opening hours), with one of our friendly librarians. We can help with:
- Basic computer skills such as searching the web, sending emails or setting up your smartphone
- Staying safe online
- Job searching, updating your CV or navigating government websites
- Troubleshooting on your device
- Accessing our various online newspapers, ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and cinema
- Getting started with family history or other types of research
- Finding your next great read – and learning how to use our catalogue or app so you can keep track of your account
- Tips and strategies for getting the most out of our in-house Chromebooks
- Finding appropriate reading material for children in your care
- Help with schoolwork, research or exam preparation
If you can’t make it into the library, we can also provide assistance over the phone, or through a virtual meeting on Zoom. To book a session, use this form, phone the library, send us an email or ask at the desk next time you visit.
This service is now available at Elma Turner Library and Stoke Library.