Book a Librarian
Do you need help navigating your new device, want a personalised reading recommendation, or an introduction to our research and heritage resources? Book a free, 45 minute session, at a time that suits you (inside our opening hours), with one of our friendly librarians. We can help with:
- Basic computer skills such as searching the web, sending emails or setting up your smartphone
- Staying safe online
- Job searching, updating your CV or navigating government websites
- Troubleshooting on your device
- Accessing our various online newspapers, ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and cinema
- Getting started with family history or other types of research
- Finding your next great read – and learning how to use our catalogue or app so you can keep track of your account
- Tips and strategies for getting the most out of our in-house Chromebooks
- Finding appropriate reading material for children in your care
- Help with schoolwork, research or exam preparation
If you can’t make it into the library, we can also provide assistance over the phone, or through a virtual meeting on Zoom. To book a session, use this form, phone the library, send us an email or ask at the desk next time you visit.
This service is currently only available at Elma Turner Library.