Kaikoura Museum & Archives
- Kaikoura Star on microfilm.
Marlborough Historical Society Inc
- Marlborough Press 1860 - 69
- Marlborough News 1867
- Marlborough Express 1868 - 1920 microfilm, 1921 to present hard copy
- Marlborough Daily Times (microfilm) 1880 - 1888 Reader and copying available.
Motueka District Museum
- Motueka Star 1901-1910 (not complete) indexed by name
Murchison District Historical and Museum Society
- Lyell Times 1885 – 1886. odd issues of Murchison Standard, Buller Post, Murchison & Inangahua Times
Nelson Family History Centre
- Access to the following online resources - 19th Century British Newspapers and Newspaper Archives
Nelson Provincial Museum - library & archives
- Nelson Examiner 1842-1861; Colonist 1857-1920; Nelson Evening Mail 1866-1996, 1999-2001
(in 1995, The Nelson Evening Mail was renamed The Nelson Mail); Golden Bay Argus 1883-1911
- The Greymouth Evening Star: Otira Tunnel supplement 4.8.1923
- The Buller Post 30.12.1897
- The Murchison Standard 16.7.1920, 9.2.1925; 31.12.1925; 31.12.1937
- Inangahua Murchison Times 22.2.1956,
- Lyell Times and Central Gazette - 1888, 1892. And reprints of 3.10.1885, 13.3.1886 and original for the 22.10.1887 newspaper
- The Reefton Guardian 6.5.1889
- The Westport Times and Evening Star 16.4.1895
- The Buller Miner 24.9.1915, 11.2.1916; 25.2.1916; 10.3.1916; 7.4.1916; 1.9.1916
- The Murchison Star 30.6.1937
- The Charleston Herald and Brighton Times May 1869 no 248
- The West Coast Times 30.1.1867
- The Inangahua Herald 1872
- The Inangahua Herald and Nelson South West Goldfields Advertiser 30.8.1873; 20.8.1873, 19.2.1878, 31.1.1882;24.2.1882; 4, 6, 8, 11, June 1882; 9.5.1882; 28.6.1882; 20.11.1882
- The Grey River Argus 18.8.1867
Nelson Public Libraries
- The Library has complete runs of Nelson Evening Mail, Colonist and Nelson Examiner on microfilm. Paper copies of other local newspapers, plus online access to a range of historic and current titles, is also available. More details
Tasman District Library
- Hard copy of the Nelson Mail held for the current year and the previous full year
National and Online Resources
Alexander Turnbull Library
- PAPERS PAST - online access to historic New Zealand newspapers
- Nelson Examiner, 1842-1873 (microfilm)
- Colonist, 1857-1920 (many gaps)
- Nelson Evening Mail, 1866-1940, 1950-1995. Issues microfilmed between 1866 - 1920 and 1950 -1995. Some gaps in paper copies between 1920 - 1940.
- Nelson Evening Mail March 1866 to December 1909 also available at Papers Past, National Library of New Zealand .
- Nelson newspaper titles in the Alexander Turnbull Library's Interloan Microfilm Collection can be located in the National Library's online catalogue.
Under Keyword search, type in - " New Zealand newspapers" +Nelson, this will show the holdings for newspapers held in this region. Or, you can select 'Serial title (begins with)', and put in the title of a particular newspaper.
The Methodist Church of New Zealand
- Church newspapers from 1870.